CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mari's Week of Firsts!


THAT, my friends, is both of our cars covered in the first frost of the season! How exciting!! We don't normally get such cold weather until December- so this has been a freaky October as far as I'm concerned. As a kid, we had to choose our Halloween costumes wisely or we'd be drowning in sweat by the end of the night and experiencing a heat stroke. That won't be the case this year for the lil' chitlins. Lucky duckies. Now if I can only get it to snow......




As a result of our cooler than normal weather, I've decided this year to perfect my crocheting skills and make some nice winter scarves and hats. My first scarf? Oops. Who cares if it looks like a 5th grade art project. I'll wear it. I have no shame. I did however, manage to pull off the most adorable scarf/hat set for my little Emma (my pretend niece). The scarf is a miniature replica of the one I made for Joelea- how cute are they going to look when they both wear them!
Anyhow, Ta-daaaaaa!





I learned how to crochet when I was 7 but never really did anything with it until now.... 24 years later. Ugh, that made my stomach churn. I bought my first set of knitting needles and am working on a knitted scarf. The texture is much different from crochet, and it's taking me alot longer also. I watched a few knitting videos on YouTube- stop laughing. It was insightful, but I needed my mom to show me a few things or two that I wasn't picking up from the video. Who knew. I asked Fernando if he felt like he was married to an old geezer but he said it was hot that I was crafty and had skills. Werd.






0 comments: