CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

What a marvelous time of the year!

Fall is by far my absolute favorite time of the year. There's something magical about it though I'm not quite sure what my attraction to the season has always been. As a child, I remember riding my awesome "Pink Panther" banana-seat bike to my grandmother's house and noticing all the changes in the scenery along the way. The neighbor's maple trees would turn that amazing crimson red- the same color they turn just before nestling on the ground for the winter. The sun seemed a bit lazy too- always going down a little earlier each day. The crisp air was so easy to breathe and felt so revitalizing on my face as I practiced my "Look Ma, no hands!" routine. Maybe it's the gratitude I have for cooler weather after enduring the humid summers that Florida has to offer. Or perhaps it's the anticipation of the holidays fast approaching in the season next- whatever the reason, the very sight of leaves changing colors makes me feel like a little girl again. Now, if only I could find that Pink Panther bike......

This photo was the first thing I saw this morning when I opened the door to let the puppies out. That blanket of fog was rolling across the field and I couldn't miss catching it!

0 comments: