CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Don't make me get my powdah!!

Just thought this was kind of funny and sad all at the same time....

It was a quiet afternoon in the office today and everyone was out except for me and a sales agent........and that's when it happened.

"Oh! You have Palin glasses!"

Actually, no. Mine are not Palin glasses, but to avoid further conversation on the subject, I smiled and nodded. That was quickly followed by,

"Are you a Palin fan?"

I'm a Palin supporter. I'm not a fan. "Fan" doesn't sound appropriate when referring to future leaders of our nation.

"That really surprises me!"

What? What surprises you?

"Well, that you're a McCain fan."

(Again with the fan thing, but whatever) And why does that surprise you?

"Your husband's ethnicity and his dark skin, I just thought you'd naturally choose Obama."

Really........ Really??? What the butt does that have anything to do with when determining who I think is the better choice to lead our nation? How do you ignore something so insanely ignorant? To each his own but holy hell please tell me that Obama "fans" are choosing to give him their vote based on something a bit more substantial than skin!

On that note- Fernando's Cuban. He's not even dark. He's the whitest Cuban I've ever seen.

I was blessed with a mild form of patience and found it to be a true virtue today. I don't care who you vote for (kinda), just get out there and vote.

0 comments: