CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Born Too Late

Ever wish you had been born in a different time, a different era? Sometimes I think it would have been amazing to live in the days of Queen Elizabeth I, but then I'm reminded of the diseases and piss pots and have no desire whatsoever to live that way. Then there's the "Southern Bell" era- oh to have worn those amazing gowns and fancy hats! But again, I'm reminded of no air conditioning and even more piss pots. Oooh, but to have grown up in the 40's- when Americans were still Americans, milk was delivered to your doorstep, Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller were household names, waving to strangers was okay and people had the utmost respect for their nation and its leaders- sign me up! Is it any wonder they were considered the Greatest Generation that ever lived?

I'm sick of all this election mess and political mumbo jumbo. Right now I just want to sit back, close my eyes and picture myself dancing cheek to cheek with Fernando as Glenn Miller plays on...





0 comments: