CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 28, 2008

I-10

I've been searching for a disk for over a year and I just found it in a stack of cd's- go figure since I'm so organized. :) I was so excited to see old pics of me with pals and some of my old songs I had written back then. Wow, I forget how emotional those years were for me and everything I was trying to get through. Music was my only outlet and I can remember spending DAYS with my guitar practically glued to my hands. One of my "therapy" songs is titled " I-10 " which most of the nation has traveled at one time or another. It's an account of my unbridled enthusiasm to get out of my hometown and spread my wings once I reached the other side of the country. My theme song while moving out west was the Dixie Chicks' "Wide Open Spaces" and coming home it was Beth Hart's "Back to L.A."

It's
hard for things to go to plan when you don't have a plan to begin with. Throw that on top of a really horrible relationship and you've got a disaster on your hands. Needless to say, I came home with my tail between my legs and felt broken. I'm not looking for pity, I needed to experience it. There's nothing like learning what life can throw at you and how you handle it. I can look back on those times and while I still cringe that the thought of some decisions I made, I have a musical journal to remind me that I can get through anything. Cheesy? Maybe. But I'm alive and happy to be so. Tell me whatcha' think!!

0 comments: