CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm Doing It!!

So, thanks to my dear friend Heidi, I joined Weight Watchers 3 weeks ago and have had success each week in my journey to shed the pounds. I absolutely LOVE the idea that I can still eat what I want! I'm also venturing out and trying new foods that I would never have put in my shopping cart normally. We've never been big on red meats, but I wanted to incorporate more fish into our diets. Problem? I'm not big on fish.

That being said, I've come up with new recipes to help disguise the taste or aid my palette in being more cooperative. I picked up some frozen Mahi-mahi fillets at Costco (Yes, I do love the Costco!) and decided to get creative. The first meal I prepared I had marinated the fillets, broiled them and topped them off with a mango salsa. I had three bites and realized I needed to get more creative although Fernando devoured his plate.
He loves me.

I needed to come up with something that would have fish lovers and not-so-fish-lovers alike loving the same dish. Enter curry. Curry! It's strong, bold and would be the perfect disguise. I had a ton of veggies waiting to get on our dinner plate so I thought a vegetable curry would be appropriate. I also made steamed rice and sugar snap peas for our sides. Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it. I guessed the amounts for certain things so just eyeball it and feel free to use whatever veggies you prefer- the more the merrier!

(click on photo to enlarge)



0 comments: