CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Presto!!


PRESTO!

As a child, one thing that my brother and I had in common was eagle-eye vision. Such exceptional vision came in handy when out on the water and most definitely when coming back through the channel at night trying to find the next buoy in order to avoid a possible catastrophe. I don't think I ever mentioned to my father how much I hated being under that sort of pressure. ( I hated it, Dad.)

I've always been proud of my near perfect vision until
I noticed about a year ago that my eyes were getting tired by noon each day. Driving through town, I couldn't read the street names until I was just feet away- though I gained a new respect for chronic U-turners. I dealt with it, no big deal. No big deal until I casually tried on Cathi's glasses and could see! I ran outside and saw leaves and branches and individual blades of grass. Seriously??? I gave this up for how long? So I had an eye exam several days later and am now sporting a new pair of glasses. It's taking some time to get use to them, but there's most definitely a difference. I think I look more intelligent.... is that even possible? So here I am, 31 and finally sporting the glasses I so desperately wanted as a child. No idea why I longed to wear glasses back then. Now that I think about it, I had always wanted braces too. No worries, I don't get it either. High five to spectacles!


0 comments: