CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A simple coupon...


I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that the holidays have a way of wearing you down. The crowds at the mall seem even more aggressive than usual and the "20 items or less" lanes supply ample opportunity for choice words to be exchanged. It's a horrible example of celebrating the birth of our savior. I have to admit that I'm one of those people that turns into a robot once I pull into a parking lot. Sure, I'll let pedestrians cross and am mindful of who saw what parking space first, but after that, survival of the fittest kicks in. It wasn't until last night while Fernando and I were grocery shopping for our Christmas dinner, that I truly was touched by a complete stranger. As we were checking out, she simply asked if we could use a $10.00 coupon. It wasn't a huge amount of money and honestly, it wasn't even about the money. She went out of her way to do something kind for others. Needless to say, I graciously accepted her offer and thanked her. As we were walking to the car, it hit me and I realized that she was a great example of what Christmas means. I feel rejuvenated and inspired by her actions. If we could all do the same, there would truly be peace on earth. I know the Spirit of Christmas is still alive. Merry Christmas and God bless you all!

0 comments: